1) Do 4 or 5 runs short runs a week starting with 15 to 20 minutes. You can even run/walk to start off with if necessary.
2) Always run at a comfortable pace. You should be able to talk to a running partner all the way.
3) Always finish a run feeling like you could do a little more.
4) As each week goes by increase your mileage very slightly by one or two miles a week.
5) Stretch your legs after you run holding each stretch for about 30 seconds.
6) Cross training such as bike rides, swimming or a fitness classes will help you improve your overall fitness.
7) Drink more water than usual as you will need to stay hydrated.
8) Do regular strength and flexibility training (weights, circuits, yoga) to avoid injury.
9) Try some short interval training to add some speed into your training.
10) Two weeks before the event do a 10k in training.
Feel free to speak with the Firewalker instructors if you have any more questions. If you’re looking for some extra group support then join our running club every Thursday 7-8pm.